Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, September 2, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

This morning we got the news that we would be able to take Malia home.  Yay!  We got everything all lined up, I went to the nursery to feed her one last time and was told that she was breathing fast and the pediatrician wanted to watch her for a few more hours.  All our plans were put on hold for a bit while I tried not to get too discouraged.  By about three o'clock we got the green light and were home by four.  We still have some things to juggle (the oxygen tanks, the bottle feeding and pumping) and I find myself feeling a bit overwhelmed, but at least I'm overwhelmed at home and not at the hospital.  Being able to sleep in my own bed, even if it is only for a couple hours at a time, will definitely be wonderful.

No comments: