After hauling a car seat full of baby, a diaper bag, my purse and a freakin’ heavy oxygen tank to the instacare yesterday, I woke up this morning feeling a bit achy. It has only been two and a half weeks since I had a c-section, after all. And that got me thinking about the benefits and shortcomings of c-sections. Besides the fact that I always have a tendency to get a bit panicky (You would to if you knew you were going to be wide awake while someone cut into you and played with your innards. In fact, I believe that was a common torture method in medieval times…minus the epidural of course.), there are actually good things about them. So I’ve compiled a pro/con list to see whether c-sections end up in the positive or negative column in my life:
Pro: No squishy faced babies or cone heads.
Con: The huge gaping hole in my belly.
Pro: Lots of good pain meds to deal with the gaping hole.
Con: Two weeks of only hospital approved activities and an addition month of restricted activity after that.
Pro: Two weeks of only hospital approved activities and an addition month of restricted activity after that.
Con: The nagging ache afterward that should completely go away in 3-5 years.
Pro: A completely valid excuse for making other folks do the heavy lifting.
Con: $$$$$$ and may I add $
Pro:
Yup. I definitely think those last pros make up for all the cons.



3 comments:
She is so beautiful. I just want to squish her cheeks! I think she looks like Matthew. Maybe he is claustrophobic, and standing too close to the other kids makes him feel scared. He's so funny. :)
she is so adorable! i'm in love and totally anxious to have one of my own now! happy things are going better!!!
Awwwwh, how could a child of yours be less than beautiful?!! She is angelic too! Congrats! You are in for a little more drama now in your life with a girl, believe me I am learning this girl thing only gets more and more and more dramatic. tonight katrina was telling me about how she has all these thoughts in her head and she doesn't know which ones to believe in......no wonder she can go from giggling to tears in 2 nanoseconds...
Post a Comment