Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Boy And His Cake

This evening Nathan got his real birthday cake for his extended family celebration. I made cupcakes for the party on Friday, but they didn't turn out all that well. Since they were to be decorated with white frosting and black music notes, I bought black decorating gel to make the music notes. Huge mistake. The gel ended up looking like strange blobs of goo sitting on top of the cupcakes and then the blobs started bleeding black into the surrounding frosting. As a music major they pretty much won't let you graduate unless you can make a passable music note and if this had been my final I definitely would have failed. It was not pretty. So I revised my previous plans and just tinted frosting black for Nathan's big cake. Things worked out much better in buttercream.


And Nathan was pleased.

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Dang! I love it! That is an awesome cake!!!