Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, May 28, 2010

Prime

When Nathan came home from school today with two hours before the party began, he brought four friends with him. One of the other moms called me to make sure I wasn’t going crazy. Who, me? Crazy? With seven small boys running around? No way! A few hours later the numbers expanded to sixteen for awhile so seven was no biggie!

On the other hand, seven is a biggie for Nathan considering that he is officially no longer a six year old. He chose music as his party theme and while music definitely makes for easy to plan party games and party favors, I’m hoping the other moms in the neighborhood don’t hate me this evening. There was a fifteen part kazoo chorus going on over here so hopefully one (or three . . . or four) won’t make them too crazy. Although, as a person whose life has a soundtrack (There is always music in my head and if I’m really lucky it stays there. Spontaneously bursting into song in the middle of Sunday School can be a bit embarrassing.), I imagine that the cacophony of kazoos, slide whistles, duck calls, drums, and other assorted music makers is what it will sound like inside my head when I go crazy.


Pretty much the only time the party was quiet was when all the musicians were noshing on pigs in a blanket, chips, and cake. And Nathan got more presents than he even knows what to do with, one of his favorites being his own fishing pole! Trust Uncle Jon to be able to spot a young outdoors man in the making!


After the madness retreated (at least when twelve of the fifteen young ‘uns went home), Nathan received his presents from our family.


This picture happened just about the time Nathan realized that he was receiving . . .


. . . this. He has had a hankering for a remote control car and after searching long and hard, Kev found one that fit the bill. I think his birthday was a success, at least we had a good (if overly noisy) time!

No comments: