Matthew has always been a musically oriented child (at some point I will tell of my experiences using Gregorian chant as a cure for colic). He started humming along to the hymns in sacrament meeting when he was three months old. By the time he was one, he was bellowing out lovely tunes during our Sabbath service (some of you may have been lucky enough to be in attendance the day the Bishopric nearly burst out laughing during the closing song). At age two, he is beginning to sing songs that we can actually recognize, if only by a few keys words or actions. So here is your challenge (and it shouldn't be hard): Name That Tune!
Any guesses? Before the camera came out, he was actually singing the beginning part but by the time I started recording he was having a broken record moment with the middle section.
Song #2
One evening last week we were sitting at the table when Matthew all of a sudden started singing and doing actions. Since I didn't even know that he knew this song, I was very surprised. After his solo version, we did the choral arrangement, but he wouldn't do the much desired encore when Kev came home.
Song #3
So that wasn't exactly a song, but he usually goes on to sing the theme song from the old (1940's) cartoons so I included it in our game.
How did you do?
3 comments:
A sunBEAM! A sunBEAM!
Do you happen to have an apricot tree anywhere around?
Man I stink at this. The second one was definately Popcorn Popping, though! He's so talented.
LOL, my neice Rylie heard him singing from the other room and ran in by me... I asked her if she could guess what he was singing.
"Ummm, a doneBEAM?"
"Hey I know that one! (singing) Popcorn popping on the apricot tree...."
"I dunno. arrpane. zuperman. hmm. weird. Can we watch the tree one again?"
He is so cute!
Post a Comment