I told you non-classical music geeks you probably wouldn't care. Nevertheless, can't you just hear the high point of a thunder storm in the music?
Self-Improving Quote of the Day
- "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Mood Music
This post may be completely pointless for most of you, but any classical music geeks out there may enjoy it. It's raining again today and as the storm rolled in over the mountains, I just happened to be listening to Mozart's Requiem. And if there was ever a piece that was enhanced by a raucous thunder storm, this is it. The rain began and by the time I got to the Confutatis the thunder and lightning were starting. "Confutatis!"( Flash!) "Maledictis!" (Crash!) "Confutatis maledictis!" (FLASH! CRASH!) As the piece started to wind down, so did the storm. "Amen." (flicker) "Amen." (rumble) "Aaaa . . ." (drip, drop) " . . . men." I could not have timed it better if I had orchestrated it myself. I suppose it is just another example of life imitating art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is SWEET! That is exactly what I should have put on this morning as a prairie thunderstorm sat over our house for three hours!
Cool. Really, really cool. :)
I should have had that about 40 minutes ago - when we had a HUGE gust come through our neighborhood - knocked panel pieces of our neighbor's fence out and blew their kiddie pool from their back yard into their front yard. It shook our house, doors rattled, I thought I was going to have to find my red slippers... then it ended and rained in SHEETS. Thank HEAVEN that He answered my prayers and yesterday it was oh so nice for the Ward BBQ I was in charge of... I love it when that happens! Here's to a continued cool and lovely summer - if only! I'm up for it. I don't miss, nor long for 100 degrees - ever. :) I'm sure you agree, eh?
Post a Comment