Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, June 21, 2009

"And now, my beauties, something with poison in it, I think."

One of the fun things about buying a house in the winter is discovering what the yard is like when spring rolls around. I have really enjoyed finding a vast assortment of desirable plants growing in the midst of all the weeds. New things are continually coming to my attention as the growing season progresses. This week's discovery? Poppies. (Insert Wicked Witch cackle here)

And does anyone know what these little beauties are? We have them in several colors and I love them!

3 comments:

J and T said...

The second picture looks like columbine. We have some white and purple and white and pink ones in our yard.

Shauna said...

Thanks Tara! I think you're right. Perhaps I should post all my unknown flowers. :-)

Holt's in da House said...

Yep, Columbine. We have some too.