Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What A Deal!

I don't know about all of you, but getting a really good deal on something can really make my day. As such, I thought I would share today's bargain with all of you and if you hurry, you just might get a bargain of your own!

This week Smith's is having a buy-ten-get-$5-off event. Select varieties of Kellogg's cereal end up being $1 a box. In the Sunday newspaper there were coupons for Kellogg's cereal and a $10 rebate with purchase of ten Kellogg's products. So I bought ten boxes of cereal (All Matthew friendly, but the way. Not a small feat!), used two coupons and spent $8. My rebate will go in the mail tomorrow.

I love that Kellogg's is paying me $2 to eat ten boxes of their cereal!

2 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Aw, MAN! I took advantage of the cereal deal, but I didn't get the extra coupon. SCORE!

Holt's in da House said...

Just tonight I was at Smith's and told the checker I know people who leave having the store owe them money. I don't have time to be one of those people, but I'm tired of paying $80 for 5 small bags of groceries I carry in one hand. And anyway, if I bought ten boxes of cereal I'd have to give 8 of them away before they went bad 18 months from now - we don't go through it that much. But good catch, Shauna! (How's that for a VERY long blurb?)