Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Techno Baby

We are all a bunch of techno-geeks around here. Kev does computer stuff all day at work and then comes home and does more computer stuff for fun. Daniel and Nathan are very proficient at the computer and look forward to getting their occasional computer time. And I do so many things on the computer that I find myself feeling hampered if I can't use it. So it should come as no surprise that Matthew is following in all of our footsteps. He is so determined to do computer stuff that I can't let him sit on my lap at the computer anymore. He just tries to grab the mouse and push buttons on the keyboard, which of course makes a tremendous mess out of whatever I'm working on. Since we had the same problem with Daniel and Nathan, over the years Kev has cleaned up and cut the cords off of an assortment of out of commission computer components so the boys could play computer to their hearts' content.

Yesterday morning I dropped Matthew off at a friend's house to be babysat. After giving the mandatory babysitting lesson (Intro to Babysitting My Kid: How to Use An Epipen), I was showing her the smorgasbord of Matthew friendly foods we keep in the diaper bag. I mentioned that he has a sippy cup as well, then happened to glance down at the pocket where the cup should have been. And discovered that Matthew had swapped out the cup for a computer mouse.

Obviously his technology is more important than food.

1 comment:

Brig said...

Technology and food have equal places in my heart. High-tech food trumps both, though.