Matthew is cutting a new molar and unlike the first three, which kind of snuck up on me, I'm completely aware of this one. And I wish it would sneak faster.
Matthew has been an absolute beast for about four days now. He screams all the time and wants to be held nonstop. He isn't interested in playing. He hasn't been eating much, which is different for him. And when he does eat, he is pickier than ever. We have taken to slapping on the Anbesol at the same time as the bib just to get him to put something in his mouth. If we don't, he puts the first bite in and then sits there and cries, mouth wide open, food still in it. By Sunday, even the Anbesol wasn't working. Matthew just cried and cried. I spent all of sacrament meeting standing in the hall. At home, he wouldn't even sit in the high chair. He threw a huge fit when we chucked him in there. Kev couldn't even hold him, which is strange since he is usually a daddy's boy. And he wouldn't eat anything, not even Otter Pops, which is definitely saying something! He hadn't eaten all day, so I finally sat him in my lap with the baby-smorgasbord (Cheerios, Kix, graham crackers, the freeze-dried fruit bits he loves, etc.) on the table in front of us. And he screamed. Loudly. For at least ten minutes. Then he finally gave in to his hunger and ate. Two meals we did this. Screaming included both times. He may be mischievous on a normal day, but I much prefer trying to keep him out of the garbage can (full of poisonous yogurt containers and egg shells) than dealing with the endless wailing. If only general anesthetic was available to the public . . .
This must be punishment for not noticing the arrival of the first three molars.
1 comment:
So, one of my clients told me he used rum. I'm not sure if he meant for the child or for himself.
Post a Comment