Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, July 7, 2008

Freeze Tag

I don't always respond to "tags" from my bloggin' buddies (Sorry about that! Sometimes I just don't care!), but as I've read everyone's responses to this particular one it really made me think about what I want out of my life right now. I've been tagged by Kathie, so here it is . . .

Name 5 goals and the places you've lived, then tag 4 other people:

Some of my current goals:
1. I want to really and truly spend more time with my kids. Yes, I am a stay-at-home-mom who spends every waking hour with my kids. But it is not all quality time. My goal is to make at least some of that time positive, quality time with my kids. Not just constant parallel-play time.

2. As a huge plan-in-advancer, I sometimes have trouble when things don't go exactly as planned. As a result, I often struggle with accepting the Lord's plan for me. So goal #2 is to try to let go of my OCD long enough to let the Lord guide my life . . . and to be okay with the direction He sends me.

3. I am currently in the process of organizing all the piles of stuff all over my house. I want to have at least a tidy home. I'm realistic enough not to expect perfection with three children in the house, but I at least want to have a "home" for all my stuff. Dumping it all on my desk is not the same as putting it away!

4. Patience. With everyone. And everything (see #2). Especially my children. They deserve that.

5. Debt. Enough said.


These are the places I've lived:
Provo, UT (with an aunt and uncle until I was three weeks old)
Newport, Rhode Island
Athens, Georgia
Okefenoku, Georgia
Bremerton, Washington (in a Presbyterian Manse)
Bremerton, Washington (in Navy housing)
Escondido, CA
San Miguel, The Phillipines )in a house right on the beach)
Subic Bay, The Phillipines (in Navy housing)
Pleasant Grove, UT (while waiting to find a home in Salt Lake)
Taylorsville, UT (where my parents still live)
Orem, UT (with an aunt and uncle my freshman year at BYU)
Provo, UT (basement apartment)
Provo, UT (house)
Kearns, UT (the duplex Kev and I rented when we were first married)
Taylorsville, UT (with Kev's parents)
West Jordan, UT
Murray, UT

Now tag to four wonderful people (if you care, that is!):
Patti, Esther, Tiffany, Lisa

1 comment:

Megan said...

wow i cannot believe how many different places you have lived! you get around women! haha