When I was digging around in the freezer this afternoon looking for chicken, the last pancake happened to fall out. Matthew, being completely convinced that he is in immediate danger of starving to death, grabbed the pancake. I figured he could eat it for dinner. But he resisted putting it on the counter. I believe the correct word to describe the sound he made is "shriek." He carried it around with him. After a while, one edge of the ziplock bag tore, creating a perfect handle. And presto! Pancake purse.

After carrying the purse for a while, Matthew became determined to get the pancake out. He is, after all, wasting away before my very eyes.

He tried everything, with no success, at last resorting to begging of the worst kind . . . the puppydog eyes.

Now there is a look that only a mean, mean momma like me can resist. He can have the pancake for dinner. Besides, it will be defrosted by then.
1 comment:
i couldn't resist those eyes either! i am a sucker for puppy dog eyes. haha. what a silly boy.
Post a Comment