Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Laughter

A comment on my last post reminded me of a laugh I had in Primary on Sunday. During singing time, Kathie asked the kids what they did for Pioneer Day as an introduction to a pioneer song. Daniel, in all his blunt glory, proceeded to tell everyone about the lanterns (which he liked a lot) and then said, "And we made applesauce gingerbread, but it didn't turn out very good." Understatement of the year! But such a diplomatic child. He did not say, " . . .but my mom tried to burn the house down and ruined it!"

Melissa and I were sitting in the back laughing. One of the pros to blogging is that I rarely have to explain to people what the humor is about when things like this happen.

4 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Yet another pro of blogging. What on earth keeps people from blogging?

Unknown said...

I must admit I wondered if I would smell the gingerbread when I visited on Saturday. I didn't!!!!

By the way I love the new look of your blog.

Megan said...

if only i could have half of your sense of humour one day. seriously yesterday i had a long day and was so worn out and grumpy at the end of the day. then i thought of you and thought to myself "how the heck does shauna just laugh? i just want to bang my head into the wall" i suppose laughing is less painfull. anyways thanks for always sharing a laugh and your amusing stories. it REALLY brightens my day.

Heatherbelle said...

Reading your blog and comments makes me feel better about all the crazy things that can happen to us moms, that you just have to bounce back from. The pillow/poop episode made me laugh so hard I was nearly crying. It came on a good week where I was feeling sorry for myself about what a hard time I was having. Then I read your blog and I instantly felt better about life! Thanks Shauna!