As the youngest of my siblings, my sister Esther knows exactly what it is like to have all your siblings grow up, move out, and abandon you to a quiet life living with just your aged and senile parents. (At least, elderly is how most young teens view their middle-aged parents. WACKY SMILEY) As such, she knew Malia would have a tough time when Matthew left on his mission and she wanted to do something special for Malia. She decided to take Malia, and Kate since every expedition taken with your favorite cousin is even better, to the Harry Potter Exhibition which has been open in our area for the past several months. Malia and Kate have been wanting to schedule a sleepover and as all the dates seemed to line up, a multi-day plan was born.
After our stained-glass extravaganza on Saturday, Malia went home with Rachael, went to church with them on Sunday, slept over again on Sunday night and spent several days watching movies and drinking Dr. Pepper with Kate. This afternoon Esther picked both of them up from Rachael’s house and took them to the Harry Potter exhibit, after which both girls were shuttled to their own homes and crashed for a good night’s sleep. Malia said that the half of the exhibit that was focused on Harry Potter (and not the Magical Beasts portion of the franchise or the Cursed Child, which she hasn’t read) was fun.
I’m so grateful for my sisters and their willingness to spend time with Malia. And I’m so grateful that Malia has a cousin who is one of her best friends and who will happily watch “K-Pop Demon Hunters” with her seven times in the space of two days. 😂




1 comment:
I’m really glad that those 2 cousins like each other because I have a cousin who’s my best friend🥰 and since Family is forever…I get to be grandma ❤️❤️
Post a Comment