Ever since Daniel told us that he and Tawni are getting married, I’ve had to laugh a little bit. Not because they are getting married, because that is just fantastic, but because the way they are doing things is so very similar to how Kevin and I did things. You see, for the past two months, Daniel and Tawni have known that they are headed to the altar. But they have not been “officially engaged” because there was no ring and no official proposal. But they have scheduled their sealing at the temple, reserved a venue for the reception, chosen colors, begun deciding on a menu for the luncheon, begun the search for an apartment, priced out flowers, etc.
When Kevin and I decided we were getting married, our MO was exactly the same except for the fact that we didn’t actually tell anyone, not even our parents. In those days, once you scheduled your sealing with the temple, they sent you a letter in the mail with all the details that come via email now. Knowing that, I was off track (which meant I was at home during the day while my parents went to work) and made sure to check the mail every day so I could grab that letter before anyone else did. Unfortunately, the letter arrived on a Saturday. Which meant my dad was the one who brought in the mail. And that also means he saw the letter, got a little stressed, and asked my older sister Patti if I was eloping. ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING WITH TEARS SMILEY So I’ve been chuckling just a little bit every time they say that they are not actually engaged yet.
But today, it is finally official! The ring was ready, the proposal happened, and now we can officially keep going with all the planning that was unofficial yesterday. 😜





No comments:
Post a Comment