Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, April 6, 2025

At Home and At Play for Spring Break

Yesterday there was a big air show at Nellis Airforce Base in Las Vegas. There were some planes flying that Kevin and Matthew really wanted to see and the show coincided with spring break, so months ago they planned a short trip south in order to go to the airshow. They had a great time, and Matthew took some amazing pictures that he is super excited about. I’m glad they were able to take this short boys’ trip before Matthew leaves on his mission. I think we have all been trying to fit in all kinds of things like this before he leaves in three months. 

Malia and I, knowing that we just don’t care about the planes and that we just don’t do well in the heat, opted to stay home and just have a slow, relaxing weekend. We watch chick flicks and made homemade mac and cheese which has kind of become a tradition for us when Matthew and Kevin are off for tours and other travels. We also listened to conference and ate far more muffins than was good for us.

I think that both Matthew and Malia enjoyed their spring break. They were both in need of a break from school and hopefully they will be able to dig back in and focus through the end now that they have had some down time.





No comments: