As I’ve mentioned before, there are things I did when the boys were young that Malia has never done because the boys had outgrown them before she came along. Our once annual bunny buns are one of those. I’ve been working through the past years’ blog books to create digital archives of each and a few weeks ago I happened to come across one of our old bunny making adventures. I asked Malia if she remembered making the bunny buns. Her response was, “What are bunny buns?” That would be a definite no. I immediately decided that we needed to revisit this old favorite.
Today was our bunny bun day. One of the fun parts is that Malia is old enough that she knows how the recipes work and does a lot of the mixing part, not just the fun forming the bunny bums part. She is also creative in her own ways and while the boys liked to put eyeballs on the bunnies even though the buns are a back view, Malia opted for some bitty baby bunnies and several with extra big tails. She also liked adding a bit of coconut with the glaze to make the tails extra fluffy in appearance. We had a good time, as we usually do when fun food is on the menu, and the bunnies were delicious! Now that she has been introduced to these lovely little bunnies, I suspect there will be a request for a repeat appearance next year. And I’m okay with that. I find that I miss some of the fun things I did when my kids were younger.






No comments:
Post a Comment