Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, July 30, 2021

PAW: Australian Pikelets

Unlike our awesome Polish apple pancakes two days ago, I can actually pronounce pikelets. Pikelets are a Australian mini pancake that is often eaten for a snack. Matthew’s teeth are a bit less sore today and I decided that they just might be tender enough for him to eat, so we made pikelets for lunch. The little bite sized beauties were very nice, delicious alone or with a bit of jam. Each one used only a tablespoon of batter, so they were perfect to pick up and eat with your fingers rather than a fork, which is the way they are traditionally eaten. I have a big two burner griddle and despite the fact that they cook very quickly, my kids were eating them faster than I could cook them. Matthew ate his own body weight in pikelets, but he has a great reason for that seeing that he is a fourteen-year-old boy who has not had a real meal since breakfast on Tuesday due to the brand spanking new braces. Kev and I loved them as well. I pretty much had to fight to get any, so the pikelets are definitely a success. They are also the cutest little pancakes ever. 😉

Pikelets Rating: five thumbs up, one attached to a blissfully full belly
 

No comments: