When it comes to baking, I have a tendency to go through phases. I’ll have periods of time when I’m focused on a certain category of baked goods and I’ll explore lots of different varieties within that category. A year and a half ago I spent months working to perfect an eggless coconut layer cake. Last summer we ate pie of all varieties for several months. My shutdown binge watching of The Great British Baking Show led me to a ciabatta bread phase last year. In the fall, the focus was pumpkin. I’ve also had phases focused on cookies, quick breads, and cakes. You get the idea. My current phase is cheesecake. It’s definitely not something I can bake and eat every week (although it’s delicious, it is not exactly a health food), but I’m planning on experimenting with several different flavors and recipes over the next few months. I’m particularly proud of how pretty this week’s experiment looks. When it both looks and tastes great, I feel like I’m well on my way to being a domestic goddess. 😉 Now I just need to garner some rockin’ food photography skills…

No comments:
Post a Comment