This evening we read the Brief Explanation of the Book of Mormon for our family scripture study. As we explained to Malia that the book of Ether was written quite a long time before Lehi sailed across the sea, she described Ether as “really, really old and really, really dead.” I kept my serious mom face on, but on the inside, I was totally laughing. A few minutes later, our discussion made its way to Moroni. When we explained that he was the one who buried the gold plates and that a long, long, long time later he was the same person who came to Joseph Smith as an angel and taught Joseph about the gold plates and eventually gave the plates to him, Malia’s response to that was to comment that someday we’ll meet all these people that we don’t know. That led me to wonder if Ether has a sense of humor…
I don’t know how everyone else in the church feels but Come Follow Me is working for my family. 😊
No comments:
Post a Comment