Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, January 30, 2020

A Tiny Bit of Type Casting

After his theatrical debut in The Wizard of Oz last year, Matthew has been actively looking forward to his next appearance. The middle school theater teacher announced this year’s school musical before school ever started, so for months Matthew has been anticipating and preparing for auditions. Auditions were this week. Matthew auditioned on Tuesday, was invited to dance callbacks on Wednesday, was invited back for traditional callbacks this afternoon, and when the cast list came out tonight, he was thrilled to be cast as the Sultan in Aladdin Jr.! He’s one of only three seventh graders cast in a leading role. I’m sure his diminutive stature and dark looks played into the casting choice, nevertheless, I’m so proud of him and knowing the theater teacher, she must have seen some skills in him as well. She’s not one to cast based on looks alone. I’m excited to see how it all comes together later this spring.

No comments: