Kevin and I went to the temple this morning. We did a sealing session, which we’ve done frequently of late and which I’ve really enjoyed. Listening to the words of the sealing ceremony on a regular basis has been a great reminder of all the blessings associated with the covenant. Anyway, we didn’t have any family names to take so we were working on temple names. I was acting as a daughter and as always, I tried to think about the person for whom I was standing in. When the second name came up, I heard the names of the parents and realized she was a sister to the previous daughter. As I made the connection, I could feel a grin starting. It isn’t often when doing temple names to have family members come up together and it felt like a blessing to be able to have those two sisters sealed to their parents on the same day during the same session. But that wasn’t all. By the time we were done, there were four sisters. It immediately made me think of my sisters. I’m one of four sisters and I’m blessed enough to be friends with them as an adult. The sealing ordinance is all about building families and being able to participate in the sealing of multiple siblings was an amazing reminder of what it’s all about.
Of all the blessings that the gospel brings into our lives, I think the eternal family bit is my favorite. Eternal life wouldn’t be all that amazing it I didn’t have them by my side.
No comments:
Post a Comment