Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, August 21, 2017

“Totality” Cool

As I’m sure you all know, today was a total solar eclipse that was visible across the entire United States. Kevin and the boys, my dad and my sister Rachael and her family drove north into the path of totality. I would have liked to go, but August heat=migraine for me and I knew I would end up feeling miserable so I stayed home with Malia. Malia had school, but I went and checked her out for awhile so she could experience the 93% eclipse we got here. We went to the park next to the elementary school and Malia alternated between playing on the playground and checking in to see how the eclipse was coming along. It was actually pretty disconcerting to know it was the middle of the day and yet have no cloud cover and nearly no light.




The men folk had a great time and took a million pictures to share when they got home. Kevin had a sun filter for his camera and took so many pictures that he actually ran completely out of battery power.




Sprinkled in with the pictures of heavenly bodies were a few of the earthly bodies.





  (Nathan always comments on how I put the dorky pictures of him on the blog, but honestly what choice do I have? These are not staged by me. He just gets his dork on pretty regularly. 😉)

The boys were all completely awed by the marvelous show, and hopefully I’ll be around to see a repeat performance when it happens in our neck of the woods in 2045.

No comments: