Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Reflection

When I get to the end of each year, I often find myself reflecting on the year past, trying to decide if we had a good year or a bad one. As with most years, this one had some of each. We’ve had our struggles and there were tears shed and sleepless nights, but I think this year’s trials have left me feeling closer to the Lord and more sure of my faith. We’ve had our triumphs as well, and those have left me with a deep sense of gratitude for the great blessings I have been given. The Lord’s tender mercies are in the forefront of my mind as I recognize how we have been guided and directed and calmed and comforted. I think I’m a little bit closer to the person the Lord wants me to be and as a family, I think we are one step closer to our goal of eternal life. We still have miles to go, but our path has straightened just a bit (at least for now) and I’m counting the blessings that have been showered upon us this year.

The new year is still a great unknown, but with the Lord at the helm I know that no matter where it leads us, all will be well.

No comments: