Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Status Quo

Today was Matthew's yearly visit to the allergist and due to his amazing improvement last year, I was actually really anxious about today's visit. I didn't expect another year of vast improvement, but I was sincerely hoping that he wouldn't get worse again. Staying where he was would be ok, but I really didn't want him to backslide. The four foods that we've been able to add to his diet over he past two years (almonds, coconut, milk and egg in baked goods) has been a great boon and has given Matthew more options than he's ever had before. Taking things back out would be hard for him.

In spite of the fact that his total IgE jumped back up to its previous level, his individual allergen numbers stayed at last year's level. That is actually unusual since a rise in total IgE is usually reflected in the individual IgE numbers, but I'll take it. The only individual number that went back up was egg but since Matthew is still tolerating it well in select baked items, it won't change any of his food options at this point.

So it turned out ok. Maintaining is better than slipping backwards anytime.

No comments: