Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, July 4, 2016

My Country, 'Tis of Thee

With so much of the world in turmoil, I'm feeling grateful that I live in this country. Yes, we have our problems too and I see troubling things ahead, but I'm still grateful.

This was a typical 4th of July for us. Daniel marched in a parade.


We had some patriotic food. Rocket dogs...


...and some frozen strawberry lemonade, which I just now realized is missing the scattering of blueberries on top to actually make it patriotic colors. The Mentos-meets-Diet-Coke-like-reaction that occurred when Kev put everything in the blender was a bit of a distraction. It was funny though. 🙂


We enjoyed some sparklers and set off some fireworks.

So excited.
 
Batting for poppers.
 
Glee.
 
I have no idea what Nathan is doing. He's a pretty crazy kid.
 
Fun with fire.
 
My favorite pic of the night.

The kiddos. Malia is afraid of sparklers (she remembers getting a slight burn from one two years ago).

Happy 4th all y'all.

No comments: