Today was the last leg of the trip home. As we leave our time in Seattle behind, I can truly say that we had a good time. Not only did we see some wonderful things, but we really enjoyed the climate in the Seattle area. The temperatures were in the low 70’s the entire time we were there which saved me from heat induced migraines. I loved the rain and didn’t feel like it was a deterrent to any of our activities. My skin and hair loved the extra moisture in the air. My hands were not rough and cracked, my face was not oily, and I didn’t have a single pimple the whole time we were gone (although nearly two days out of Seattle, my first pimple popped up this evening). I had a good hair day for the entire ten days and didn’t need to shampoo as often since my scalp wasn’t working overtime trying to moisturize my locks. And the green! I loved the green! As we left the coast yesterday and the green turned back to brown, I had to heave an internal sigh of regret to be leaving the green behind. The kids loved the area as well. Nathan said a number of times that he would enjoy living there.
As we’ve discussed our favorite parts of our trip, everyone has different things that they loved. Malia loved the science center because “there were toys there.” Matthew enjoyed the Space Needle and Centurylink Field. Nathan’s highlights were the EMP and the aquarium. Daniel also liked the EMP and loved the Museum of Flight as well. Kev’s favorite parts were the Museum of Flight and the fish and chips. As for me, I enjoyed the EMP and the rainforest. I actually find myself regretting not actually getting into the rainforest more than I thought I would. We’re actually all talking about coming back so we’ll make the rainforest a priority, two-day trip.
By this morning we were all pretty worn out. Everyone was pretty glazed at breakfast. We’ve had a great time, but we’re glad to be home.
So here’s the sum up for the past 10 days:
Total miles driven: 2336.5 miles
Total drive time: 50 hours, 21 minutes
Total memories made: countless


No comments:
Post a Comment