Our middle school has an award they call the Diamondback of the Month. Basically, one boy and one girl or selected by the faculty each month to be honored. Every three months they hold an assembly to honor the six most recently selected students. Daniel was selected when he was in 7th grade and this month was Nathan’s turn. Unfortunately, the parents of all the boys notified in advance like usual. This morning the phone rang at 8:45. It was one of Nathan’s teachers asking for a brief bio or some stories about Nathan. The assembly was already underway and they had just realized that there were parents who had not been notified. She told me they would leave Nathan until the very end and I blasted out the door, dropped Malia off at preschool and rushed over to the middle school to arrive just in time. When the assembly was over, the teacher in charge of notifying the parents found me and apologized profusely. She had been on maternity leave and today was her very first day back at school. Totally acceptable excuse in my book. Anyway, I’m very proud. Nathan is a good kid. And I’m so glad I was able to get to the school in time…even though I was in my yoga gear. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment