Malia has started taking dance lessons. I have been checking out options for a while, but had not made any decisions mainly because the cost associated most of them is pretty high. Just a couple of months ago a friend from the ward told me that her daughter takes lessons from a lady who has converted her garage to a dance studio and only charges $35 a month for an hour long lesson once a week. We signed up for the summer “dance camp,” mostly because we were told that those who sign up for the summer session get first choice of classes for fall and because her prices are so super, her classes always fill up quickly. In dance camp there is a theme each week. They do a craft and then dance to music that fits the week’s theme. It is more relaxed than a regular lesson and I think it is a great way to introduce the littlest ones to dancing.
Malia has been super excited about dance and has been asking regularly if we had reached the appropriate day. Today was finally the day and she had a great time. I’m not one of those moms who will make my daughter take dance lessons just because she is a girl, but I’m hoping she enjoys it as much as I did when I was a kid.

No comments:
Post a Comment