A
few weeks ago I received an e-mail informing me that Daniel had been chosen as
Diamondback of the Month for April. I was one proud mama. Kev, Malia and I
headed over to the school before the assembly this morning and although we had
trouble keeping Malia quiet (“There’s Daniel!”), Daniel did not know we were
there and didn’t know he was a winner until they were reading his biography.
When they finally announced his name, he stood up to cheers from his section
(he was sitting with all his bandmates) and did a big fist pump. Funny kid!
In
addition to his plaque and snake, each of his teachers wrote him a letter
telling him why they had selected him. It was nice to hear all the ways he is
doing well at school. We’re so proud that he is doing so well.
After the award ceremony, I joined my mom and my sisters Rachael and Esther for lunch and my first pedicure of the season. As always, it was delightful.
Kev
worked from home so I could leave Malia here. She watched “Cinderella,” “Beauty
and the Beast,” “Tangled” and I came home to find “Tangled” running for a
second time and Malia hanging out on the couch.
She got to watch princesses until she was too tired to stay awake. So
it was a great day for all of us!



No comments:
Post a Comment