Daniel and Nathan went to FanX (comic con's little brother) this weekend. They went with my sister Patti and her family. (Big thank you, by the way!!) They have been super excited about it and will be my guest bloggers to tell you all about their experiences. There may be a bit of repetition since both boys gave their synopsis of Thursday's events. We'll start with Nathan who had one day of fun:
As an experience gift, Daniel got to go to Comic Con with a gold pass. Along with the purchase of a Gold Pass, you get a free one day Pass. So, I got a one day pass to go to Comic Con and have a blast.
We went to comic con with my aunt, who happened to have a VIP pass which meant that we could get into the floor and into the building and hour earlier that everybody else. And everyone in the VIP party could go with them. SO, we got to go in and explore before many other people. When we arrived at the Slat Palace, I discovered that they had set up Hobbit figures for people to take pictures with. So, I got a picture with them.
After the pictures, we entered the Salt Palace and proceeded to work our way to our first panel, which was a Peter Davidson Panel. On the way, I found someone who had dressed as Captain Spider (from the Civil War trailer) and I snapped a picture because I thought that it looked cool. Also, I had to stand and marvel at the sheer size of the floor. And, in the main entry way, there was a lif-size TARDIS in place for lots of photos:
The Panel was really cool because we got to here Peter's own opinion on things. For those of you who do not know, Peter Davidson is the actor who played on the doctors on BBC's Doctor Who.
After the Panel, we proceeded to enter the floor. As I was going to enter, the person policing the entrance made me stay back, because I had a one day pass, even though I WAS IN A VIP PARTY!! It was frustrating, but my aunt stayed back with me. So, I got a pic with the teenage mutant ninja turtle.
Then after a short wait, I was able to go into the floor. Most of the time was spent exploring the floor, but I was able to be in 4 photos! I got to meet the person who voice acted Donald Duck, which was cool because he did the Donald voice, which made it really cool.
This next stuff is not necessarily in order, but I REALLY ENJOYED IT ALL!
I went to a BUZZ ALDRIN panel, (which for those of you who do not know, he was one of the first men on the moon, and went with Neil Armstrong to the moon.) He told a story of how the main engine started circuit breaker switch had broken of in the Lunar Module, and how they ended up using a felt tipped pen to start the engine. Afterwards, I was IN A PHOTO With HIM AND GOT TO MEET HIM!!! It was REALLY Cool.
I also got to meet and chat with SYLVESTER McCOY and PETER DAVISON!!! Those two were doctors in Doctor Who, which made it really cool.
This was really fun, and I got to meet a lot of cool people. On a random side note, I spent a lot of money and got this: Sonic Screwdriver toy, Spider-man Shirt and Pin, and a cool Spaceballs quote art image. This experience was REALLY fun, and I would love to go back again.
(Shauna here-Nathan gets really chatty when he is excited. He was so wired up when he got home that he had trouble winding down to go to bed.)









No comments:
Post a Comment