Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Just Plane Fun

Four years ago Kevin took the boys to see one of only a handful of B-17’s that are still flying. One of those few remaining planes was in our area again this year and they were not about to miss a chance to see it again. Daniel had a parade this morning, so after he was done Kevin took all the kids to see the plane. You might think that Malia would be happier doing something else, but you would be wrong. She is just as into airplanes as the boys. (When the blackhawks from the nearby base fly over our house, she can identify them by the sound.) Really the only difference between her zeal and that of the boys is that they are not inclined to cry when it is time to get out of the airplane. Malia, on the other hand, shed real tears when it was time to climb down.



As for me, I spent a quiet afternoon at home. I went to an airshow once and it was one of only a handful of times that I’ve gotten sunburned. Add to that the rockin’ migraine that accompanies the heat and I’m much happier in my air conditioned abode. And the extra bonus is that it was quiet…which really doesn’t happen all that often.

No comments: