Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Hip Hip Hooray! It’s Baptism Day!

Matthew has been looking forward to his baptism for a long time. I think he was even more excited for this than he was for his birthday party which makes me really proud. He has his priorities straight. Due to the fact that we don’t have a stake center right now and are sharing one with another stake, our ward has baptisms on the third Saturday of the month. That means that Matthew got baptized the same week as his birthday. He didn’t have to wait for next month like all the other kids. He was pretty thrilled about that.


After the baptism our families joined us for a lunch in his honor. As it was Matthew’s special day, we arranged it so all the food was Matthew friendly. (Thank you everyone who contributed to that effort. It means a lot to us.) We had everyone wash their hands right before we ate so it would stay Matthew friendly and for once in his life he was able to eat everything and go back for as many servings as he wanted. Afterward, I asked him how it was. His response: “It wasn’t awesome….I’m just kidding. It was awesome!!!!” It made all the extra effort worth it. And it made my eyes well up a little…darn cry baby gene.

Today was a great day. And I have one happy eight year old. 

(I had hopes of getting a decent family picture, but Malia was being a turkey and it didn’t happen. Ah, life with a three year old.)

No comments: