Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, February 16, 2015

Eight is Great!

In case you didn’t know, Matthew is totally into football right now. So deciding on a theme for his birthday party was pretty much a no brainer. And because the Super Bowl just happened, Pinterest was filled with football related party ideas. So Matthew and I went through a bunch and decided on some of our favorites. We had an assortment of party favors as well as some rockin’ football cupcakes and even (dairy free) ice cream sandwiches made to look like footballs. I think all the kids had a great time. 


The down side to the whole even is that fact that we gave the kids whistles as a party favor and gave them one rule, a rule that they all knew without being told: no whistles in the house. Which was all good and fine until one of our neighbors called the cops on us. Really. I might laugh about it someday, but I’m not there yet. I just think it’s ridiculous to call the cops for a bunch of eight year olds blowing whistles outside and 4 0’clock in the afternoon. And couldn’t they just walk across the street and talk to us in person?! Of course not. Better just call the police. But I digress. It was a fun party.

We did the whole birthday thing with my family yesterday and Matthew had another great Pinterest inspired football cake. It was honestly one of the easiest cakes I’ve ever decorated and Matthew loved it. And as per usual, he cheesed it up while we were singing the birthday song to him. (Don’t ask me what Nathan’s doing. I have no idea.)



Today was Matthew’s actual birthday and he got his presents from us. He got some Seattle Seahawks sheets and a kendama. Kev took the kids to the park in the afternoon (no school today) and Matthew chose stove top lasagna, which is his favorite food right now, for dinner. I think one of Matthew's favorite "presents" is that he no longer has to sit in the booster seat in the car. For him, that is a huge deal! So happy birthday kid! We love you!

No comments: