Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, December 21, 2014

All Dolled Up for the Holidays

Today was the annual Christmas program at church. I normally look forward to this day, but this year I just felt stressed. I got up later than I should have so I was running a few minutes late which is pretty rare for me and always makes me feel on edge. We arrived almost on time for a quick choir practice and discovered that another ward was already in the chapel even though our block starts first-one of the side effects of having four wards in our building right now. A quick relocation to the primary room gave us about 15 minutes to practice before our meetings started. I sat in Relief Society for twenty minutes before heading off to do the music in nursery and then it was on to primary. I had forgotten to bring some things so there was a last minute change of opening songs. Sharing time was all of 5 minutes long (I kid you not-one short video) so I was unexpectedly left with 35 minutes for music. Wow. A bit of advance notice on that one would have been super. At least the kids were more reverent than expected, although that was probably just because half of them were home sick. As soon as primary was over it was off to Sacrament Meeting where I proceeded to miscount at least three times which threw off my pianist and my choir (bless them for fumbling through and getting back on track). And then when the primary kids came up to sing, I was all prepared to lead them but got the songs in the wrong order. That didn't confuse the kids, but it did make me feel totally out of it. I was completely wrung out by the time I got home.

Most of the time I manage everything pretty well, but on days like today I feel like I have too much on my plate.

But doesn't Malia looks cute in her Christmas dress? She was pretty excited about it. :-)

No comments: