Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, December 12, 2014

Here Comes Santa Claus

Have I mentioned that we love our preschool? I’m sure I have. Let me tell you about yet another reason our preschool is so awesome. Every year the kids get to have breakfast with Santa. He comes to preschool, reads the kids a story (This year he told us about all the different jobs he has had. It was very enlightening.), lets them sit on his lap (if they so desire), gives them a candy cane and then hangs out with them while they eat orange rolls and drink milk. Malia was her normal chatty self, asking questions like whether or not Santa wears his suit all the time and does he have reindeer. However, in spite of her chattiness, she absolutely refused to sit on his lap. She wouldn’t even stand by him. But Santa is great with kids and snuck up on her while she was eating breakfast.


Of course, once she realized he was there she informed him that he was in her way.


Santa was great though and gave her a candy cane anyway. And once that was done she was willing to stand next to him and chat…until he took a step toward her and then she ran away. But by then I think it was just a game.



Malia never did tell Santa what she wants for Christmas. When I asked her after the fact, she told me she wants a present. When asked what kind of a present, she said, “Just a present!” Apparently she is easy to please.

No comments: