Today
was Malia’s first day of preschool. She has been super excited ever since her
teacher came to visit her a couple of weeks ago. This morning she was so
excited that she only ate about two bites of her breakfast.
She
was thrilled to walk to school and even held my hand crossing the street
(something Matthew would never do). In addition to that, she stood on the green
(previously pink and then orange) rectangle like a normal child, also unlike Matthew.
I had two whole hours to myself which went by far too fast, of course. And when I picked Malia up I was glad to see that she was still a happy camper. Day one of school=a huge success.
Malia has already asked if she can go to preschool again and I was pleased to inform her that she will get to go again on Thursday. When my sister-in-law Danna came to give me a massage this afternoon, Malia informed her that she had just gone back on-track. Yup. She’s got the year-round-school lingo down. As for me, it’s been a few years since I consistently had a few hours of alone time while the kiddies were at school. I had about six months when Nathan was in preschool before Matthew came along. And then I had one year when Matthew was in preschool before Malia arrived. So I’ve had these few solitary hours before, but I always knew they wouldn’t last long. And now I’m at a point where they are not only going to last, but the number of hours is going to increase as the years go by. So this is the last first day of preschool for me. And I’m not sure how I feel about that yet.



2 comments:
Wait till you get her in school ALL DAY! It's a whole new world. It took me 17 years to get to that point, what with Lilian being a 6-year gap caboose (I had got Brandon in kindergarten for every day, half day) before she was born, but then we started completely over.) So yeah, when Lilian went to 1st grade last year and was gone all day, Rebekah was a senior! But still, oh wow! I almost feel guilty with all the free time! Somehow I mange to stay busy enough that the time still flies and I'm always surprised how soon their back again so maybe the time is not quite so free after all. But still, it is a glorious thing.
Umm, that last comment was me. Unbeknownst to me, I was logged in as Neon Dragon aka my daughter Julianne. Sigh. Sorry.
Post a Comment