Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Insights From My 7-Year-Old

Like all families, we have our struggles with contention in the home. In fact, at this point Nathan and Matthew’s entire relationship seems to be built of one contentious moment after another. The whole thing makes me extremely weary. Considering how many of the fights he starts, I was pleasantly surprised to see Matthew writing up a “Family Happiness Plan” on his chalkboard yesterday. This morning he took the time to copy it onto a paper and asked if we could hang it up so we could remember. Apparently he has been listening to the many (so, so many) family home evening lessons on contention and how to have peace in our home.


I think he pretty much pegged it. If we all did these few things consistently, I’ll bet our family would be happier. So yeah, I’m hanging it up. And although I’m realistic enough to know this is not the end of the bickering amongst my offspring, hopefully it will serve as a reminder to Matthew when he is feeling ornery.

No comments: