Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, April 20, 2014

It's Easter For Peep's Sake!

My kids happened to have spring break the same weekend as Easter, so we’ve had a little extra time for our holiday activities. Thursday afternoon we colored our eggs. We only spilled one bowl of dye and only cracked one egg. That’s a pretty successful dye session if you ask me.


Everyone’s schedules were extra crazy this year, so instead of doing an extended family egg hunt we did it here at home with just our little posse. That meant that all the plastic eggs were Matthew friendly which is highly unusual. Matthew thought it was just about the best thing ever. He was so excited that he barreled out the door as soon as it opened, not allowing Malia the couple minutes head start she deserved due to her age. After a few minutes we had to tell him to slow down because he wasn’t leaving any eggs for Nathan and Malia. He was pretty bummed, but by then he had nearly all the plastic eggs in his basket and Nathan and Malia only had a couple each. We made him share.






 Remember way back at Christmas when I found some fabric that would be great for Malia’s Easter dress? The previously mentioned dress has been completed and Malia loves it. I tried it on her at various stages in its completion and the first time she tried it on after the skirt was attached, she immediately started spinning and exclaimed, “It turns!” When I took the dress off her to put in the finishing touches, she came to snuggle me and said, “I love you.” I responded with an “I love you to.” Then she had to clarify: “I love you making my dress!” That kind of appreciation makes me glad to do it. And working with a little bit of tulle is just fun and makes the dress “turn.” Plus then we had to shop for shoes that matched and Malia was in little girl heaven. And I was in big girl heaven. What can I say? I have a thing for cute shoes. And apparently it is a genetic trait that I've passed on to my daughter.


My choir sang in Sacrament Meeting, I planned a kind of rowdy activity for singing time knowing that the primary kids would be all sugared up, and since we have 9 o’clock church we even had plenty of time to make our hot cross buns after church was over. It was a nice change from the hectic pace that happens when I try to get a nice dinner ready after getting home from church at 4 o’clock. So we had a nice day. Hopefully y'all enjoyed your holiday as well.

No comments: