Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, April 18, 2014

Another Zoo-pendous Excursion

My boys were out of school today for spring break, so we decided to break out of your normal routine and head to the zoo. Although none of them complained when I took Malia a few weeks ago, I knew that they would enjoy a visit as well. The weather was overcast and cool, just perfect. I know many of you would dispute that (as evidenced by the complete lack of crowds at the zoo minus the dozen elementary schools and one old folks’ home fields trips we crossed paths with), but for me it was ideal. Even when it is cool, sunny is problematic for me. The sun beating down on my very dark head=migraine=craptastic day. So overcast means no crap…apart from the copious amounts produced by the occupants of the zoo, that is.

I won’t bore you with long descriptions of how clever the elephants were or how bad the small animal house smelled, I’ll just share a few pictures.



  This girl seems to have a thing for monkeys…her Auntie Esther would be proud. :-)


 You would think Matthew would look more excited considering he is close enough to his favorite animal that we got a face full of shedding tiger fur, but at least his eyes are open.


No comments: