Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Dozen

Daniel is twelve. In one more year he will officially be a teenager and I am unprepared in a myriad of ways. But at least I have another nine months to ponder my unpreparedness before he hits middle school. Anyway, Daniel has had a birthday and is now twelve. On Friday he invited a bunch of friends over for pizza, Avengers cupcakes and a movie (The Avengers, to match his cupcakes). They were all very well behaved and they had a good time. I love that his parties no longer require me to plan a myriad of activities to keep everyone entertained. It makes planning and execution pretty simple. There was no way I would have been able to pull off a more complicated party last week. I would not even have gotten the cupcake toppers done if Kevin and Daniel had not helped. So simple parties are good.




On Sunday we shared an Avengers cake with my family. A bunch of my nephews have already crossed over into teen-hood, and looking at them reminds me that Daniel is not far behind. How does time go so fast?


No comments: