Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, August 3, 2012

Girl Cooties!

Daniel is in the sixth grade. Around here that means square dancing. Yesterday Daniel told me that 1) he was really excited to start square dancing and 2) the teacher who teaches square dancing (A man, by the way. Very impressive.) has a license to teach square dancing. I didn’t think such a thing existed and I’m somewhat inclined to think it is not an actual license but some kind of a certificate. In addition, at the end of the school year they have a big hoe down after school with music, dancing, treats, etc. A veritable shindig.

When Daniel got home from school, he told me that he had a great day. It was the first day of square dancing. He said, and I quote, “Once I got over the fact I was dancing with girls, it was really fun!”

Snicker, snicker…

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

6th grade and he still thinks girls have cooties?? Count your lucky stars! My guess...it won't last too much longer.