Matthew
accidentally spilled the box of Kix while he was having a snack after school earlier today. He came and told me that he made a mess and asked (very nicely,
might I add) if I would help him clean it up, then got his broom and my broom
and helped me sweep. As many of you may know, Kix are round so when they spill
they have a tendency to roll everywhere. Matthew called it an “avalanche of
Kix.” Malia called it lunch.
It
was a bit hard to get it swept up since Malia kept snacking from the floor…and
the dustpan (yuck!). But she was pretty pleased about the whole thing. And
Matthew had to call Kev once we got it cleaned up to tell him all about the
picture we took of the avalanche. I love that I have a kindergartener who knows the word "avalanche" and who helps clean up the messes he makes. I don't mind cleaning up the daily avalanches, floods, and other natural disasters quite as much if the maker of the mess happily helps in the aftermath.

1 comment:
hahahaha!!! This picture of Malia reminds me of a pic I have of Lilian at that age down on her belly licking the remains of a cookie that had fallen and stuck to the floor (it was still hot and gooey when it fell).
Post a Comment