The
boys really like to have flag shirts when the 4th of July rolls
around. This year we opted to make patriotic shirts instead of buying them. We
found a fun idea for tie dye shirts on Pinterest, so we gathered all of our
materials and got to work this morning. When the dying was done and we took the
rubber bands off, the shirts looked absolutely amazing!! But then we washed
them and the colors bled and they looked a little less amazing. Red, purple and
blue was not quite as striking as red, white and blue. I followed all the
directions and rinsed the shirts like crazy before washing them, but clearly I’m
not a tie dying rock star. Nevertheless, we had a good time. And even though
the boys were disappointed that their shirts turned out purple, they still
think they look pretty cool.
(I thought it would be hard to get Malia to look at the camera, but it was actually harder to get Nathan to look!)
I
have a couple of ideas that I’m hoping will prevent the horrible color bleeding,
so we’ll have to give tie dying another whirl one of these days.


1 comment:
At least they weren't purple and pinkish like ours were. They look great!
Post a Comment