Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Red, White and Blue Through and Through

Do you remember occasions from your childhood when you were so excited that you could not sleep the night before? It was probably Christmas, right? Matthew had one of those nights last night. He was so stinkin’ excited about setting off fireworks that he literally could not sleep. I guess as a girl lighting things on fire does not have the magnetism for me that it does for those with a Y chromosome.  So I really don’t get it, but needless to say, he was really excited.  Daniel and Nathan wore their tie dyed t-shirts today, but Matthew was so disappointed with how they turned out that he wouldn’t even wear his. He did put on a red t-shirt though, so he was still dressed for the holiday.

We started off our day with some patriotic pancakes.



 



Even Malia got in on the multicolored action.

At dinner we attempted to make some multicolored patriot punch, but our red and blue kind of mixed and we ended up with purple and white. I guess purple is an honorary patriotic color at our house this year. I will definitely try this again though and see if I can get it to work.


Once dinner was over, Matthew could barely contain himself. Waiting for it to get a bit later so it would be at least dusk before we got out the sparklers seemed like an eternity to him.  But the time to light up the night finally arrived. And as always, playing with fire made a bunch of boys very happy.









Malia sat and watched, wide eyed. She only complained about the really loud ones. She didn’t like those. (At the big fireworks last Saturday night, she whimpered a couple of times and then she was just fine. Of course, the neon green glow stick she had was probably a part of that.)


I’ll bet Matthew will sleep well tonight.

No comments: