This evening we made Resurrection Rolls for F.H.E. It is an Easter object lesson that I imagine was designed for young children. (Each item that goes into the rolls represents an item involved in the burial of Jesus. The marshmallow is Jesus-think white and clean, the butter is the oils used to anoint his body, the cinnamon sugar is the spices used and the rolls are the linen he was wrapped in.) But I was pleasantly surprised to see that Daniel and Nathan thought it was neat. Although they could predict what would happen and even knew why we got the results we did, they were still suitable impressed. I felt like an awesome mom. (And I'll admit that I also thought it was pretty neat.) The end result was gooey and tasty, although Matthew thought it tasted weird. He is allergic to so many things that in his life prepared or convenience foods are rare. He gets almost everything made from scratch at home. So Pillsbury probably does taste a bit funky to him. But he ate his entire roll anyway. And then he chomped on a regular marshmallow and declared, "Jesus tastes better."
I hope in the eternal scheme of things engendering a bit of sacrilege will be outweighed by creating a fabulous teaching moment with my children.
2 comments:
That is so cool! I wanted to try that but ended up trying something else for FHE. I think my boys would have paid more attention to ooey gooey rolls than my whiteboard drawings.
This is an excellent idea! Thanks for sharing it. I may have to do this Saturday or Sunday. :)
Post a Comment