Way back in September I got an e-mail from DSW featuring these boots:
I immediately fell in love with those boots but couldn’t justify running out and buying them because 1) it wasn’t in my budget right then since I had just purchased a new pair of dress boots and 2) I already have a pair of snow boots. But I did go try them on because I wear a 6 ½ wide and have large calves which means I have a fairly hard time finding boots that fit. I figured that if they didn’t fit, buying them would be a moot point and I wouldn’t want them so much anymore. But to my chagrin, they fit perfectly. Slid right on my short, fat feet and zipped right up over my calf. So I put them on my hope-to-be-able-to-afford-in-the-future list because the previously aforementioned snow boots have several flaws including (not in the order of importance, of course) the fact that when I wear them they grab onto my socks and end up yanking them off my feet and also they are pretty darn ugly. But they were what I could cram my feet into and could afford when I needed some snow boots with no heels during my pregnancy with Matthew.
When I got my birthday coupon from DSW earlier this month, I set it aside hoping that maybe those boots would go on sale as winter clearance sales started. But they didn’t go on sale-it seems like that one item you are watching never does. My coupon was expiring today so this morning I headed on over to DSW to peruse the clearance rack. On my way to the clearance rack I walked past the boots to drool a bit and happened to notice that there were none left smaller than a size 9. So I figured that was that. None left in my size, I would have to wait until next season.
Imagine my glee when I walked back to the 6 ½ section of the clearance rack and spotted these:
They were not the color I had originally wanted and wouldn’t match my wardrobe as well, but who cares? They’re snow boots and as long as my feet are dry, warm, and cute, so what if the boots match my coat?! When I asked the sales associate why this particular pair was on clearance when none of the others in the same style were, she told me that it was because they were the very last pair in that size.
So yay for me and my short, fat feet! And you know, I almost think they are cuter with the contrasting colors anyway.


2 comments:
Cute, cute cute!!!
I love boots. According to Bryan, I have way too many. :)
Post a Comment