Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Life Lessons-Part II

When living with a house full of boys, there inevitably comes a point where you must tell your offspring that 1) They really shouldn’t feel obligated to rewrite the lyrics to every Christmas song ever written, 2) If they feel that they really must make up their own words, they definitely don’t all need to be about things blowing up and 3) Yes, I realize that Weird Al Yankovic has made millions of dollars doing that exact thing, but there is a reason (more than one, in fact) that I did not name my children Weird.

3 comments:

Tiff Keetch said...

Maybe I should have this conversation with my husband. :)

Only.. it doesn't stop at Christmas songs.

sweetlissybug said...

I loved this post! I know exactly what you mean! :D Thanks for the laugh. :)

Esther said...

Just because they aren't named "Weird" doesn't mean they can't act "weird"!