Things I’ve learned over the past ten years:
#1-Time goes by much too quickly.
#2-Because of #1, this . . .
becomes this . . .
much too quickly.
#3-Take advantage of each day so you don’t have regrets when
are old enough to learn #1 and #2 for themselves.
#4-Camouflage cupcakes are much harder to make than I thought they would be.
In spite of the strange looking confections, Daniel’s tenth birthday party was fun. Having reached the decade mark, he is old enough to opt for the dinner and a movie kind of party so we fed everyone and then let them watch "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." That worked out great for me because I sat and read a book the entire time they were watching and I didn't even have to play musical chairs or attempt to pin the tail on anything! And they had a great time!
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I love that half of his party guest list is always made up of cousins. And the two friends right next to Daniel are his best friends from this neighborhood, two wonderful boys that he just loves and we adore.
Due to a migraine, Kev and all the boys helped me decorate Daniel's cake for his Sunday celebration with extended family. I'm thinking I should have let them do the cupcakes as well because their camo is much better looking than mine. Perhaps I just think too symmetrically to be able to effectively create the randomness of camouflage . . .
It is hard to believe it has already been ten years, but Daniel is definitely growing up!
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I love that half of his party guest list is always made up of cousins. And the two friends right next to Daniel are his best friends from this neighborhood, two wonderful boys that he just loves and we adore.
Due to a migraine, Kev and all the boys helped me decorate Daniel's cake for his Sunday celebration with extended family. I'm thinking I should have let them do the cupcakes as well because their camo is much better looking than mine. Perhaps I just think too symmetrically to be able to effectively create the randomness of camouflage . . .
It is hard to believe it has already been ten years, but Daniel is definitely growing up!






No comments:
Post a Comment