At our elementary school, they focus on one character trait each month (honesty, respect, responsibility, etc.) and one student from each class who exemplifies the month’s trait is chosen as the student of the month. The trait for October was integrity and let me just tell you that I’m awfully proud of Nathan for being chosen as the student of the month in his class. Integrity is the one trait that encompasses all of the other ones and I’m so proud of Nathan for making such great choices when he’s away from home. I think it is easy to make good choices when Mom and Dad are standing next to you, but to make good choices when you are on your own can be much more difficult. I couldn’t be more pleased that Nathan is able to do that.
There was a special award ceremony held for the students and the parents and they received a certificate and coupons for a free kid’s meal at Appleby’s and Famous Dave’s and a free tub of cookie dough from Papa Murphy’s. Here is what Nathan’s teacher wrote about why he was chosen:
“Nathan is a very responsible student. I can always count on Nathan to do what is right and to do it correctly. He often gets to do special jobs for me, because I can trust Nathan not to fool around and to finish the job. Nathan is honest, truthful, obeys classroom rules and makes good choices when he has decisions to make. Nathan is a caring student and treats others in a kind way.”
Way to go, Nathan!
3 comments:
Great job, Nathan! This actually made me tear up a little.
He's such a joy!
Way to be, "Nannan." What an awesome young man! And I agree with you and 3 John 1:4. Go Nathan!!! Kudos to Nathan's awesome parents!!
Post a Comment